Drinking lemon water, apple vinegar and green tea has recently become very popular. Nonetheless, not many people know exactly their benefits and what way is the best to take them.
Lemon water aids in the digestion, relieves indigestion or upset stomach, cleans your liver and increases its function, rejuvenates the skin, keeps the body producing collagen, is a powerful antibacterial, flushes out toxins, helps cure the common cold, boosts energy, reduces depression and anxiety, alkalises your body and it is a great source of vitamin C.
It is especially recommended to drink warm lemon juice early in the morning before your breakfast to increase its benefits.
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar offers a wide –ranging benefits. It alleviates cold symptoms, lowers the cholesterol, prevents indigestion, clears a stuffy nose, gets rid of dandruff, clears acne, boosts energy, banishes bad breath, fades bruises and helps with health concerns such as diabetes, cancer, heart problems, high cholesterol and weight issues.
- How to prevent indigestion with apple cider vinegar?
Before eating (and especially if you are going to eat food that is difficult to digest), add 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon of honey to a glass of warm water and drink it 30 minutes before you dine.
- How to clear a stuffy nose with apple cider vinegar?
Mix 1 teaspoon of cider vinegar in a glass of water and drink to help sinus drainage. Apple cider vinegar prevents germ growth, which might contribute nasal congestion, and thins mucus.
- How to get rid of dandruff with apple cider vinegar?
The acidity of this vinegar changes the pH of the scalp, making it harder for yeast to grow. To get rid of dandruff mix the natural remedy is to mix 1/4 cup of water and 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle, and spritz on your scalp. Then wrap your head in a towel and let sit for 15 minutes to an hour. Finally wash your hair as usual.
Green tea has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries to treat a variety of symptoms. The leaves used to produce green tea have more antioxidants than other types of tea because of the way they are processed. Green tea is known for its properties to improve the brain function (even when you get older), to increase fat burning and lose weight, to prevent tooth decay, to kill bacteria, to alkalise the body, and to lower the risk of various types of cancer, type II diabetes, cardiovascular disease and of becoming obese.
The timing for your green tea depends on the purpose for which you are taking it:
- If you are taking it as an antioxidant, drink green tea in between meals, at least two hours before or after your meals. In this way, you will ensure the absorption of calcium, fat and protein.
- Do not drink green tea very early in the morning on an empty stomach. The caffeine can lead to dehydration and could stimulate the release of gastric acids that can cause stomach upset.
- If you are taking green tea as a weight loss stimulant, you can drink a cup of Oolong tea (which has relatively lower caffeine content than other types of green tea) 1 hour before you sleep. In this way, it will help you to burn fat even while you are asleep.
As an aside, it is worth mentioning that the professionals of ‘higienismo’ do not recommend to eat lemon (for example, as a dressing in salads), drink lemon or orange juice or any type of vinegar, when eating carbohydrates. This erroneous food combination is the reason why some people can not take orange juice because it causes them acid stomach. It is better to eat or drink these acids alone or with protein foods.
♥Don’t miss our Ayurveda detox drink that also boosts your immune system on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/cleaneatinginfo/ #FantasticAyurvedaTea
♥ Instagram: cleaneatinginfo #FantasticAyurvedaTea
(Photograph credit to Pixabay)