Have you ever wondered why some people at the age of 60 feel and look even better than some youngsters?
Some health professionals have pointed out that the body has an instinct towards health, not to disease, as most people may think. Diseases are exceptions that are ‘earnt’, not ‘caught’ because of negative emotions and/or a non-appropriate diet. On a different note, other theories highlight the importance of getting rid of toxins for the body’s health.
If you want to have a wholesome nutrition, here there are some of the most important tips:
- The professionals of the ‘higienismo’ discipline inform that ‘the secret of eternal youth’ lies in the food combining. Improper food combining is one of the main factors that cause upset stomach, heartburn, gas and malnutrition, even if you think you’re eating a decent diet.
- Choose foods according to your body type. The Ayurvedic medicine (or Ayurveda)- which is a holistic system of medicine developed more than 3,000 years ago in India- stands out that there are three body types: Vata, Pitta and Kapha. The foods that are good for a particular body type might not be good for the others.
- Eat foods that make your body alkaline (with a pH level from 7 upwards). Several studies have found that having acidic pH levels (lower than 7) is associated with the body conditions for the diseases to flourish. On the contrary, an alkaline body doesn’t allow the diseases to flourish.
- Eat foods that are in season. Foods that are in season are fresher and have a higher nutritional value. Nature is wise, it knows that our constitution changes with the seasons. In winter, we are provided with foods rich in Vitamin C, which is very important for preventing colds and flus. On the other hand, summer foods provide us with extra beta-carotenes and other carotenoids that help protect us against sun damage.
- Eat locally produced food. You will support local producers, which means less transportation, less refrigeration, avoids overseas contaminates and it is normally cheaper.
- Select foods according to your physical activity. For example, the diet of an office worker should be different than the diet of a triathlete.
Start eating healthy by trying these three simple salads:
♥ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cleaneatinginfo/?fref=ts #3simplesalads
♥ Instagram: clean eating info #3simplesalads